Looping Playback in dashboard isn't smooth/clean- hiccup at loop point

Anyone else seeing a hiccup of varying intensity when playing back a simple loop in Dashboard Mode? I also see it when playing in the timeline as a new segment and as a two videos sequenced together. I've been seeing this for awhile now in Millumin 2, but not in Millumin 1 and finally got around to testing it thoroughly.  I have a simple video of a white bar rotating on black - 10 seconds long 1920x1080 - HAP and the hiccup on the loop is always present but sometimes more pronounced. Checked the loop is good in After Effects, Quicktime, and Scratch Play. This is running on a 2016 MacBook Pro Quad Core i7 with Sierra 10.12.6 specs below:

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

Memory: 16 GB

Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

Files are on the local SSD flash drive which also has plenty of space. Restart/Shutdown with nothing else running does not change the behavior. This machine shouldn't be particularly taxed by a single layer of HD video and shouldn’t be experiencing a performance issue, so possibly there’s a bug related to looping playback?

Comments

• Hello @ECM,

Do you have the same problem with a loop encoded in ProRes ?
    Does your loop contains audio ?
    When you are using Millumin V1 : are you using in 32 or 64-bits mode ?

Best. Philippe
  • Haven't tried it with ProRes. We'll export a ProRes test clip.
    No Audio in the file.
    I believe both 32bit and 64bit.
  • Hi. I'm experiencing the same problem. This time with HAP + audio. 

Any idea about how to avoid it?

I will try H264 too, but I thought HAP was preferred and that's how I have all the files in my project so far. 

Thanks,
    Andrés.
  • edited October 2018
    Hello @agomez,

A few questions :
    - What is the framerate of your video ? What is resolution ?
    - If you display the FPS in Millumin (see "Output" menubar) : is it steady ?
    - What is your computer ? MacBookPro Retina 2016 ?
    - What is your graphic card ? Geforce 750M ?
    - What is your version of macOS ? 10.13.6 ?
    - What is your version of Millumin ? 2.18.v ?
    - Do you see a difference with latest beta here ?

Thank you for your answers point by point, so we could understand better your situation.
    Best. Philippe