How can I use .cube files in Millumin

edited October 2017 in MAIN
Hi evereybody,

I would like to use.cube files in Millumin (you can do it in VDMX, for instance).
Is there a way ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Comments

• Hello @PPHHMM,

I guess you're talking about applying LUTs in realtime. The .cube files are loopup-table format, but for realtime, we rather need the equivalent PNG : here is a tutorial to convert a .cube file to a PNG file suitable for Millumin.

Then, you can use this PNG file with a shader applying the LUT effect : for example, you can use this one, and replace the PNG files accordingly.
    To install such a shader for Millumin, please read this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • Could anyone help me to make this (or a similar) LUT Shader ready for use in Millumin2?

I don't know how to apply the PNG Files. In fact, I get a "shader warning" (see the pic attached).
    I have no idea, how to apply this image (lookup_toned.png). It's in the library, on the same layer, on the layer above …
    I used the shader as a source and effect to a the layer.
    Unfortunately, I'm not into shader coding. It's like looking directly at the matrix.

Any help is very much appreciated!

(It's for a theatre company I'm working on. This could lead to a new millumin customer ;–), since I could easily do it in Isadora, but Millumin2 would be a much easier solution).
  • edited February 2018
    Hello @kevin

You need to add your lut .png files alongside the "LUT.fs.fs" file. 

Please find attached an zip containing a working example. You just need to put it inside the 'ISF-effects' folder as shown here (and restart Millumin). 

If you want to change the luts by yours, just replace the png files and change their names in the shader code

Best 

--
    Antoine M*
  • Hello again @kevin

Here is the zip 

Regards
    -- 
    Antoine M*
    LUT.zip 410.3K
  • Thanks Antoine, it works!!!