Millumin 2 with Artnet Control

Hi.

Wanting to see if anymore has a guide on how to get Artnet control for Millumin 2 from a Grandma 2 lighting console because when I go into interactive and go to Artnet it has a green dot next to it but it seems to have that all the time.

Also does anyone have a Grandma 2 fixture file for Millumin 2.

If anyone can help it would be great an I need to be able to do it this weekend.

(If not for Millumin 2 even Millumin 1 with Milluplug would be the next helpful thing)

Thanks

Comments

• Hello @LukeBoyd,

Unless there is an issue with the network, Millumin is always able to create an Artnet node : so it's normal that it's green.
    Are you sure that your Grandma is sending Artnet to your computer ?

Lastly, there is no fixture for Millumin : simply click on "Interactions" in the top-bar (or press CMD+M), then assign your Artnet signal to a function in Millumin. More info on this tutorial.

Best. Philippe
  • edited May 2017
    Hello,
    I have been trying to get Millumin to see Art Net and it does not respond.
    I have tested to see if the computer is receiving Art Net through a third party app that confirms I am sending correct data.
    I have also tried to assign functions to layers and Millumin does not see the function.

I have also tried to assign DMX function though the PRO Mk 2 and the computer sees the dongle but Millumin does not see the incoming DMX

Thank you
  • Hello @Picassopro,

What version of Artnet you're using ? Millumin supports Artnet V1 and V2, not V3.
    Also, be sure you selected the right network interface (wifi or ethernet) in the Device panel (press CMD+K, tab "DMX").

Best. Philippe
  • In my humble opinion implementation of Artnet in Millumin V2 is not ok. I have made few tests:

I have a GMA2 console with 512 dimmer channels patched on line 1. I've set output to Arnet and when I connect it to a Windows PC with Resolume it works as expected. When I map something in resolume and change channel on console - it works. That means that console is outputting artnet properly. 

When I connect Mac PRO with millumin (with same cable that I've used to connect Windows machine) - Artnet also works but not as expected. 

Millumin sees Artnet with interruptions. Few seconds ok - few seconds not ok. 

I will do some more testing... Next thing I wan't to do is testing resolume on MAC. If resolume works ok - it will prove that implementation of Artnet in Millumin V2 is wrong.
  • Same MAC, same MA2, same cables... when I start SAMSC Catalyst - it works as expected. 

So.... Millumin and MA2 - not working.

• Hello @sledzik1984,

Are you running Millumin in trial mode ?
    When the trial expired, we limited how Millumin sends DMX signal : DMX is interrupted from time to time.
    I've to admit it's not obvious at all, so we'll add some info about this in the next update.

We haven't notice a problem with Artnet during our tests, workshops or projects. A few questions :
    - What is your version of Millumin ? 2.18.m ?
    - What is your version of macOS ? 10.12.6 ?
    - Did you try to use mobile application such as ArtnetControl or iVLD : what are the results ?
    - Could you send us a minimal project where the problem happens (just the .millumin file) ?

Thank you for your answers point by point.
    Best. Philippe
  • Yes. It was trial... You sholud write all limitations of demo version :) 
  •  Hello @sledzik1984,

Yes, next update will clearly show this limitation when the trial expired.
    The only other limitation is the white lines in output (also when the trial expired).

Best. Philippe