Pausing Video On Command

edited April 2014 in MAIN
I am working on a live theater performance and there is a scene of two actor jogging down the street and then stopping. I shot video of the camera moving down the street like you used to see in old movies to play behind the actors while they are running in place. I need to pause the video when they come to a stop so the background doesn't continue to move while they are standing still on the stage. My problem is that the timing of the actors is never the same from show to show so I can't just set up a cue to create a pause, I need to be able to pause the video at any point when the actors stop running. I noticed in the idea section that this was an idea that was marked as "completed" but I can't seem to figure out how to make the column pause, I just see options for play and stop, which makes the video start from the beginning. 

Anyone know how to make the video simply pause at any point and restart?

Comments

• Dear @shuptrine,

Did you simply try to pause it from the Dashboard? You need to open the "time" panel by clicking the two left arrows "<<" on the right of the Dashboard panel. Then you will be able to pause any layer or all layers at the time anytime you want.

Let me know if this what you're looking for.

Regards,

Vincent
  • The two arrows "<<" is what I was missing. Works just as needed. Thanks Vincent!