mouse click listener and DMX output

edited September 19 in MAIN

hi all,

• I'm trying to listen to a finger tap from a touchscreen tv (it has a USB output that pushes out the tap signal as a mouse click)

How may i capture the mouse click to trigger the video column?

There is a "keyboard input capture" available in the interaction panel, I guess I will have to convert a mouse click and link it to a keyboard button instead, which will then trigger the keyboard press interaction to launch a column.

May I know if anyone can kindly point me in the correct direction to wrap it? I will go and research on that after that.

I came across "KARABINER-ELEMENT" that seems to be able to do that.

Let me share this link with everyone here - https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org/

But I still have trouble converting so I will need to further R&D on this.

Anyone else have any other method to share on the question above?

• I understand there is a DMX layer that can output DMX values, how may I associate that DMX layer output to the actual physical USB DMX box attached to the millumin PC?

Comments

• Hello @RANVIER,

To use your USB DMX device, see this article.

If you want to send DMX data directly after an interaction, simply select the action send data in the interaction properties.

Best. Philippe

• Thank you for your reply.

I missed out on that page. My apologies on me overlooking it. Thanks for highlighting it back for me.

I have some difficulty remapping finger tap from the touchscreen TV (i guess the TV should be sending a left mouse click signal) into a keyboard press shortcut input as I noticed that millumin can capture keyboard press only to trigger a column.

May I know if you have any 3rd party plugin or suggestion on the remapping of finger tap (left mouse click)