1> 256x512 pix

2> 256x640 pix

3> 256x768 pix 

4> 512x896 pix

5> 256x768 pix

6> 256x640 pix

7> 256x512 pix

Resolution out of Novastar Mctrl: 2048x896

But, Ledwalls have a 25 cm space between them (roughly 64 pixel)

Is there any way to set up output in order to take count of such spacing (having a composition of 2432x896 pixels) without working on the Novastar software? (Moving tile per tile is absolutely duable, but actually very long)..

thanks!

Comments

• Hello @albertospad,

Use a video-routing to do so (1 Canvas to Many Outputs).

Best. Philippe

• Hi Philippe

I read carefully your guide, but still have some doubt on how actually put it in place.

in output, I created the video routing. video resolution: the one coming from LED processor (2048x896) which is the 7 screens with no spacing between.

then I created the 7x canvas/slice with their actual resolution and position.

Should the main canvas be 2432x896 (2048+64 pix per spacing)?

and if so, then, how can I work with those slices creating the virtual space between them?

• Ok, maybe I haven't read that carefully,

here's something closer to what's in the guide. but still I cannot figure out how it is supposed to work.

every single canvas are NO DISPLAY and the video routing is to be send to LED Controler?

How can I arrange the position of the canvases in the dashboard? and how to manage the spacing?

• And, if the set-up is kind of correct,

how can I have a Layer playing a single whole image out on all 7 screens?

• Hello @albertospad,

Come back to your first configuration : yes, your main canvas should be 2432x896. Using one canvas is important if your content is global accross all your LED walls.

The output of your video-routing will be 2048x896, but you need to play with the slice-editor to offset each slice (first slice at 0, second slice at 320, then 640, 960, 1536, 1856, 2176).

If this is not clear, connect 2 LCD screens to your computer and image these are 2 LED walls : then repeat the same process to understand how it works.

Best. Philippe

• @albertospad thanks for this great question, not only related to led walls but projections / tv's in a stage setup. I just had to try it myself to explore the slices feature again.