DMX Interaction set-up

Hi there

Trying to understand the basics of DMX interactions in Milllumin.

My set-up is: 

• GrandMA3 on PC with OnPC 4 pots node running on MacBook Pro
  • Millumin 4 running on same Mac

From MA I patched one dimmer at UNI 1, channel 1. Settings on Artnet outputs should be ok (I use artnet in many different situations)

In Millumin I go to Interaction and ADD a DMX interaction, CH1, action Changes Opacity in LAYER 1

In Manage devices / DMX Artnet haș a green dot, it’s enabled, the interface is the one MA is using to stream Artnet

Tried both in Broadcast and in Unicast. In unicast if I enter the settings the dot next to my IP interface is red. The IP address has to be the one of the Consolle, Right

And finally nothing is happening while turning on and off CH 1 from the consolle.

I also tried in LOG / DMX universe 0 to lift the fader referring CH 1, but nothing is happening either.

Maybe the problem is Consolle and Millumin running on same MAC, if it's the case I can either try with a Physical Consolle or with two different Macs..

Thanks for the feedback

Comments

• Hello @albertospad,

Artnet is a network protocol using the port 6454. Thus, two applications running on the same computer cannot listen this same port.

If you use 2 computers (2 Millumin or 1 Millumin and 1 OnPC) , do you have the problem ?

Best. Philippe

• Yes indeed sir.

computer + computer works great.

computer + consolle works either!

thanks!

• Hello @albertospad,

So the problem might be the Artnet port : two applications running on the same computer cannot listen the same port. Does it make sense ?

Best. Philippe

• It does totally.

in case you think of a workaround to do it it just be helpful pre-programming on same computer, if not I’ll do with two Mac no problem!

two more things.

Assigning every channel to an action it’s a quite long process. It would be nice implementing in the future a copy function (for example I created a folder with all the 26 action I want to control via consolle for the Layout 1, if I could copy it 7 time -one per remaining Layer, then changing only the address would be much faster)

And, after the job is done, it would be very nice to have the possibility to save and export the interactions configuration so that I could recall it in other projects.

As usual thanks Philippe for your super great job!

• Hello @albertospad,

We planned to release a new feature for Millumin V5 : Python scripts, that will make you able to quickly code specific behavior, such as actions or interactions. Please stay tuned.

Best. Philippe