Split Timeline

edited May 2023 in MAIN

Weirdly, this should be a common issue, and i still can't find any discussion on it:

Using "Split Media Here" (cmd-shift-X) on a video track will cut it in two pieces at the playhead.

BUT

doing the same on a nested Timeline which has multiple subtracks will not actually "split" this timeline. It trims the left side and the right side gets reset to its starting frame.

so when i cut a timeline that's 4:00 long at 2:00, i end up with two identical pieces running from 0:00-2:00.

Isn't that unusable? feels like a bug to me, how would I insert a pause on a nested timeline, for example?

Comments

• Hello @mesomax,

This is the expected behavior : there is no start/end point for timelines (like you have for movies). Timelines are rather using "segments", despite there is no setting to choose the segment to play for embed timelines in a timeline.

Feel free to create an idea on Uservoice, so we could keep track of your request and see if other users are interested.

Best. Philippe

• ok, good to know. Thanks for the precise clarification, Philippe! I do think this would be a useful feature, will post a request.