Ignore column trigger

Hi,

Is it possible to make option for Layer/Media for ignoring column switching?

That option present in Resolume Arena , and very useful for me, and a lot of my colleagues...

Comments

• Hello @fariddinsharapov,

Sorry, I do not understand. Please explain your use case.

Best. Philippe

• Hi, Philippe,

I mean the situation when, for example, we are have 3 layers, and it is necessary that when switching column triggers, one layer does not switch

• Hello @fariddinsharapov,

You can extend a media over several columns, so it keeps playing when switching to a new column.

If you are beginning with Millumin, I recommend to read our first tutorial here.

Best. Philippe

• I'll try to describe the situation more specifically.

Layer 1 and 2 contain media that should switch synchronously. Layer 3 contains video camera inputs, which must be switched independently of the first two layers. Now I am solving the problem with the help of Streamdesk and Bitfocus Companion. The button sends two OSC commands simultaneously:

1 button:

/layer:L1/startMedia 1

/layer:L2/startMedia 1

2 button:

/layer:L1/startMedia 2

/layer:L2/startMedia 2

3 button:

/layer:L3/startMedia 1

4 button:

/layer:L3/startMedia 2

5 button:

/layer:L3/startMedia 3

6 button:

/layer:L3/startMedia 4

Buttons 1 & 2 ... control of main screan

Buttons 3 & 4 &5 & - . control of cameras switching

• edited March 2023

Hello @fariddinsharapov,

The dashboard is a sequencer, so the basic solution would be to extend a media across several columns like in the image below :

But from what I understand, you want to have both content that is sequenced (background layers), and some content that is not (cameras). The option of Resolume makes it a mess to understand, as some media would work correctly in the sequencer, and some would not.

So in latest beta, we tried another approach, a new kind of layer : independent media-layer. These layers do not follow columns (but can have media-transitions). Does this fit your needs ?

Best. Philippe

• Thank you for implementing this ‘independent layer’!

I have been hoping for, but not expecting, something like this.