Light States and submasters
I have a simple question, and I think that I'm missing something. In Millumin 4 theres a concept called "light states", that works similar to a "circuit" as far as I undestood. What I can't find is a way to work with the lightning decks concept of "submasters" or, in other words, a group of light with different values that works as a "light state".
Current setup: In my current show I have 11 dashboards, one for each scene of the theater show, and I need 6 "light states" for all the show.
For testing purposes, I'm trying to achieve 1 light state ("StateDay") that changes "L1" value on each "day scene" of the show:
- I add a new lights named "L1" and set it to 100%
- On Channel Grid mode, I press the (+) Icon on Lights / States row. I rename the new light state to "StateDay1"
- I drag and drop the state to Row 2. When I do this, the new state name changes to "StateDay1a", so I understand that this is a new element, not a new instance of the state.
- I rename the new state to "StateDay1" trying to "unify" it with the fist state.
- I edit in grid the value of L1 to 0% but, after exit editing in grid, the change in L1 do not affect the second instance of StateDay1, so drad and drop and rename in not valid.
I can't find the way to have a consistent "Light State" for all the show. I just need 6 Light States, but it's mandatory to have the option to do a little adjustment on a fixture that affects all the states on the show. I.E. A theater has a poor mantained fixture light and I need to increase 10% only this fixture for all the show, or If I need to do a general increase of "StateDay" during the show.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I can't find the correct procedure.