Witch egpu today ?

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me which egpu to buy today. The cards recommended by millumin are no longer manufactured. I wonder what to buy for multiscreen in 4K? (I already have a fully boosted mac mini).

I was using on a previous show a Radeon RX Vega 64 - 8GB. I need to re-equip myself for a new show.

Thank you very much for your help.

Tim

Comments

• Hi,

If you buy a Rzaor Core X, you can use :

• Radeon ™ RX 5000 Series
    • Radeon ™ RX Vega Series
    • Radeon ™ RX 500 Series
    • Radeon ™ R9 Series
    • Radeon ™ Pro Series

And egpu are not compatible with Apple M1...

Best

Manu

• Thanks Manu,

I can't find those references. Some are no longer manufactured I think. There are so many models!

What do you think of the Radeon RX 6600?

Also, it is difficult to find more than 4 outputs. (My old Vega 64 had 6 outputs)

Thank you very much.

Tim

• I use the Radeon Pro WX9100 with 6 outputs in a Razer - 1 output for the local monitor on my Mac Mini.

But the price on Amazon right now I think is a little steep.

• craigreilly, have you had any tearing/sync issues between outpts on the 9100? I am looking at the same setup for my 2018 Intel TB3 macbook pro. I have been a Dataton WATCHOUT guy since 2003 and whats great about WO on windows and AMD cards is you can configure an Eyefinity Display Group which handles sync between outputs and creates a display based on your screen size i.e. an Eyefinity display group consisting of two 3840x2160p displays, Customize Eyefinity Desktop Resolution to set overall display res to 7680x2160. This option is not available on mac OS unfortunately and Millumin is not available for windows as of yet.