How to get 2 or 3 4k 60 outputs to be frame synced.

So, simple questions is what hardware would I need to guarantee that multiple outputs sending 4k 60 that would be feeding a wide screen LED wall and all the outputs be frame synced?

Comments

• Hello @rosigalloway,

A MacPro 2019 with a Blackmagic Decklink 8K Pro might be a solution.

Best. Philippe

• I have tried the Vega 56 egpu set up and it actually works a lot of the times. I was just doing a show in Seattle and I had two mac mini 2018 and a Vega 56 housing set ups (primary and back up) hooked up to a Barco E2 and it was crazy because only with fast moving videos I was getting blend tearing from one of the two setups I had so literally we just up-lugged the cable feeds to E2 and replugged them and the blend tearing from un-synced outputs went away and it was fixed. It was almost like an edid thing but, I just don't like not knowing how that fixed it so, what is your thoughts on that?

• Hello @rosigalloway,

Vega 56 eGPU's outputs are not frame-sync as we described in this article. However from our experience, we managed to get synced outputs by syncing multiple FX4.

I guess your situation with your E2 is similar : you get unsync outputs, but the E2 resyncs them, unless there is more than one frame of delay. In this case, you need to reset the outputs by disconnecting/reconnecting the cables.

Unfortenatly, we do not know how macOS drivers and hardware are behaving in detail (this is private source code from Apple). So I could not explain in detail your situation, sorry.

For info, Millumin sends the content to the outputs synchronously.

Best. Philippe

• Yeah, I know about the FX4 but, I need 4k 60 synced outputs and not 1080. I wish Millumin could utilize the Nvidia quadro cards because you can always get synced outputs with them but I guess we will see with these new M1 gpu's. Thank you for your time and feedback.