Keyframe Speed and Reload several clips

Hello Philippe,

I´m Daniel from Madrid, Spain.

I´ve a few questions for our new show with Millumin:

- In the dashboard, is there any way to change with keyframes the speed of a timeline? I can use keyframes with that property if there is a video in the dashboard, but I can´t do it if it´s a timeline with a video running.

- I need to change several .jpg while the show is running. Is there any way to “Reload” that material from the Library at one time or I have to reload them one by one? 

Thank you so much for all your work and support.

Best

D

Comments

• Hello @DanielGR,

This is not possible to change timeline's speed in the dashboard, sorry.

If you want to reload a file, you need to right-click this media in the library. Sorry, you cannot reload multiple files at a time. However, you may want to use the "Slideshow" media (see "inputs" folder in library) to automatically load and show images.

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipe @Millumin

Thank you so much for your feedback. Slideshow really is a great solution. It works incredible in the timeline. Even we program a Preview of every clip to verify if they change. But now we found another problem. We have all those images in a timeline with several segments. We play those segments in dashboard, but it only play the first document in the folder that we´ve selected.

Are we making something bad? Is it possible to play the segments of that timeline in dashboard with different slides?

In other way, now we´re trying to connect two computers by OSC (or any other solution). The sound team needs to play the show with QLab so I need to receive the orders from QLab to play every column. I´ve read all the tutorials but the problem is that I don´t know anything about OSC and all the tutorials and people from the forum speaks with that base that I don´t have. For example, I don´t know how to connect the computers. We tried with RJ45 and the "ping" of both computers are ok. They´re "speaking each other". But we didn´t find the way to link both softwares.

Is there any basic tutorial about that?

Thanks again

D

• Hello @DanielGR,

You need to uncheck the option "manual" to make the slideshow playing automatically.

Regarding the communication between 2 computers : I recommend you to use OSC. You should start by sending simple message to Millumin, with OSC Test App for example (or simply via the Terminal, as described in our OSC documentation).

In Qlab, you need to create a "network" cue, and the "destination" must be match IP of the machine running Millumin, as well as the port 5000 (unless you changed the default port for Millumin).

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipe @Millumin

Thanks for your answer.

I think I didn´t explain very well about Slideshow. Sorry for my english.

The problem is that I need to work with several Slideshows in a timeline. They all are images from the same folder. I divide that timeline in several segments (photo1, photo2, etc). That works very well. But the problem comes when I try to play those segments of the same Timeline into the Dashboard. It always appears the same image, the first one of the folder. If I play from the Timeline works perfect, but if play in the Dashboard (with the rest of the show) it always appears the first photo.

Best

D

• Hello @DanielGR,

I am not sure to understand, but the "slideshow" media is not meant to display a single image. Indeed, you can use the same "slideshow", activate the "manual" mode, then animate the property "index".

Anyway, we fixed the "slideshow" so you could use it in timelines embed in the dashboard. Please update to Millumin 3.18.j

Best. Philippe

• Hello Philipe @Millumin

Thank you so much for the update! It help us a lot.

I send you an image of the timeline. Now you can see what we´re trying to do. Every foto has a transition so we need to work in different layers. You can see the different segments. Those are the cues that we need in Dashboard.

I think everything is working great right now. But if you see anything in the image that we´re not making well or we can improve, please let me know.

Again, thank you so much for your work. You and your software make our work easier.

Best

D