Millumin on imac pro

Hi
Can I use millumin in the new iMac pro ?

Comments

• Hello @abdel,

Yes, for sure. We just ran a couple of tests yesterday, and we were able to run 4 x 4Kp30 displays (equivalent to 16 x 1080p30 outputs) while playing 2 x 4K movies. The system was working great.
    We hope to do more tests with more displays in the future.

Best. Philippe

• I will play 4x2k
    What adapters can I use
  • Hello @abdel,

The Datapath FX4 is probably the best one.
    You can find more here. Or you can use the 4 x USB-C ports of your iMac Pro.

Best. Philippe
  • I'm using a new iMac Pro with 3 1080 outputs using the USB-C ports and the apple HDMI dongles. I'm finding that ProRes playback get choppy at times. Files are playing from the internal SSD, but the playback seems to jump every so often. Any thoughts? 
  • Hello @SnowGloeb,

This is a very good configuration, and you should not have issue running your 3x1080p60 project with it.
    A few questions :
    - What is the version of Millumin ? 3.11.k ?
    - What is the version of macOS ? macOS 10.14.2 ?
    - What is your codec ? ProRes-4444 ? ProRes-422 ?
    - If you display the FPS in Millumin (see "Output" menubar") : how the FPS is varying ? Is it stable at 60fps, then drops to 35fps for 10 or 20 seconds, andcome back to 60fps ?

Thank you for your answers point by point.
    Best. Philippe
  • Thanks for the reply - 

Mojave 10.14.2
    Millumin 3.11.k
    ProRes 422 (typical) or ProRes HQ
    - Still looking for a HAP codec and encoder that work with 10.14.2
    FPS is 60fps, then drops to 58 or 52 (on a paused output) and can drop to 35 or so then come back to 60 with looping files.
  • Hello @SnowGloeb,

Your issue seems to be related to a bug we submitted to Apple : this affects a few configurations on macOS Mojave 10.14, and this doesn't affect only Millumin but also other softwares relying on GPU (Resolume for example).

We provided a lot of info to Apple engineers, we chatted a bit with them, and now we're waiting for their reply.
    Hopefully this gonna be fixed soon.

Could you come back to macOS 10.13.6 and let us know if the problem persists ?

Best. Philippe

PS : to encode many files in HAP, use AVF Batch Exporter.
  • Thanks - I'll try backing down to 10.13.6. I need to find an install for it as the computer came with Mojave installed. 

Also, I've tried using AVF, but the program crashes upon export. 
  • Ok let us know the results.
  • Hi, I’m about to do thesame setup and would love to hear if there is any update!