[SOLVED] Problem with ENTTEC DMXUSBPRO

edited January 2018 in MAIN
Hello every one...
I can't connect my enttec dmxusbpro to millumin since i made updates (Millumin 2.18.k and sierra 10.12.6). I install Pro manager who recognise my device and i install the device firmware 2.4 on my enttec. It was not working, same result so i install FTDI drivers : same result. In the device manager Menu in Millumin, i can see my usb pro dmx but can't connect.
I read that it could be a problem with the driver ?
Maybe its my mac who dont recognise DMXusbpro, how could be sure to my computer is in good connection with enttec ?
I have two shows which is running with Enttec and Millumin ! So please, emergency help me... 
Thank you 

Comments

• Hello @Psyke,

Could you give us a screenshot of the device-panel ?

Could you try :
    - create an empty project
    - create your USB DMX in the device-panel
    - create a light in Millumin
    - be sure that the light's DMX channel is assigned to your USB DMX (not Artnet, that is the value by default)
    - change the light's intensity, and see if the USB DMX is sending DMX correctly

Best. Philippe
  • Dear Philipe ! Thanks to your help...
    When I try with an empty project, all is working normally...
    And when i go back to my project ! It's working !!!

Thank you 

Antonin 

Bravo pour la version V2+Beta !

• Hello @Psyke,

Thank you for the info.
    Sometimes, drivers are conflicting and prevent your USB DMX from working correctly.
    For next Millumin's update, we added a procedure to detect such conflicts and clean it.

Best. Philippe
  • edited January 2018
    Hello Philippe, 

I had the same problem than before but this time when i do that you say it's not working : 

I can't connect my enttec dmxusbpro to millumin since i made updates (Millumin 2.18.k and sierra 10.12.6). I install Pro manager who recognise my device and i install the device firmware 2.4 on my entice. It was not working, same result so i install FTDI drivers : same result. In the device manager Menu in Millumin, i can see my usb pro dmx but can't connect.
    I read that it could be a problem with the driver ?
    I have two shows which is running with Enttec and Millumin ! So please, emergency help me... 
  • Hello @Psyke,

Did you try with the last version of Millumin (2.18m) ?
    Anyway, are you using another softwares at the same time ? Which ones ?
    Could you send us a screenshot of the device panel ?

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • Hello @Psyke,

You didn't write anything in your last message. Is it normal ?

Nicolas
  • Hello, 

I use the last version 2.18m ( it was a mistake in my last mail.) I didn't use any software in the same time. i can't upload my screenshot here so i send you an email with their. my email is marionnettebelfort@hotmail.com

thank you for your help !

• Hello @Psyke,

In the screenshots you send me it appears that you activated the "Special Open-DMX mode". As say in the text before the checkbox this mode is for using OpenDMX devices, and if you use this mode you cannot use Enttec USBDMX pro. So that is surely why your Enttec isn't working.
    Can you uncheck this checkbox to deactivate the "Special Open-DMX mode", and then tell me if that solve your problem ?

Sincerely your,
    Nicolas
  • The problem is resolved !

Thank you !