Using a VP and different values of focus

Hi, 
I'm looking for a way to use different values of focus during a show. (One projector, but several screens at different distances...)
I guess that could be done with Millumin and PJLink protocol, but I'm lost.
Any help appreciate ;)
Thanks !

Comments

• Hello @hyll,

Millumin doesn't support PJLink protocol.
    But you can use Projector MIDI Remote application, to translate MIDI into PJLink (cc @halfdanj).

Best. Philippe
  • Hi, 
    Thank you, I already have this great little app but it doesn't handle the Focus parameter unfortunately.
  • Hello @hyll,

PJLink protocol is just about sending "strings" to the videoprojector.
    So you can do it directly with Millumin.

Be sure the "string" server is set to TCP and on port 4352 (see device-panel in Millumin, or press CMD+K).
    Then create a data-track sending "strings", with the following messages :
    - to switch on the projector : "%1POWR 1[RETURN]" (without the quotes)
    - to switch off the projector : "%1POWR 0[RETURN]" (without the quotes)

More info on the PJLink documentation.
    You should find the command to change the focus in your projector's manual.

Until now, Millumin wasn't able to send carriage-return character, that is needed with PJLink protocol.
    But we updated Millumin accordingly, so it's now possible (special word "[RETURN]"). We sent you a special version, and it'll be available in next update anyway.

Please confirm us that it's working properly. We may add a tutorial in our help center.
    Best. Philippe
  • edited May 2017
    So jumping on this thread referencing the above: 

"Be sure the "string" server is set to TCP and on port 4352 (see device-panel in Millumin, or press CMD+K).
    Then create a data-track sending "strings", with the following messages :
    - to switch on the projector : "%1POWR 1[RETURN]" (without the quotes)
    - to switch off the projector : "%1POWR 0[RETURN]" (without the quotes)"

Am I right in thinking that the "[RETURN]" command necessary to make the PJLink functionality work with TCP strings is not available in the current releases (Main release or BETA) and requires a special version that you mention above? 
    If so it would be very useful to get a copy of that version. Got a show this week which would be very useful on! 

Also querying whether you could replace the static number with the with a variable (Current value field), which would allow for different values to be attached to the data track as you progress through the dashboard, something like "%1AVMT [INT_VALUE][RETURN]" ? 

I think a tutorial on the basics of using strings with projectors or externals devices would be very useful! 
  • Hello @clive88,

Yes, the message "%1AVMT [INT_VALUE][RETURN]" will use the value of the data-track, so the final message will look like : "%1AVMT 99\r"

To get more information about the keyword for "strings" in data-tracks, roll your mouse cursor over the "i" icon.

The next keyword "[RETURN]" will be available in next update (2.18.h), scheduled for the next weeks.

Best. Philippe