What's about the Windows or Linux version ?

edited September 2015 in FAQ
For now, we are focused on the Mac version.

A Windows version is a very huge project. Currently, this is not a priority and we cannot guarantee it.
You can subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website. As soon as something happens, you will be notified.

No Linux version is planned.

Comments

• It will be an hard job the porting?
    And also, can be a problem the infinite codec can be used in windows?
  • Yes, porting Millumin to Windows could be long and hard.

OpenGL is used a lot in Millumin and could ported easily on Windows, but the whole graphic interface has to be re-coded.
  • Hi, just wondering if there's any updates on the windows version. I saw there might be a beta kicking around.

Best
  • edited November 2015
    Hello @soyoungshin,

As in the first message, we hope a minimal and beta version will come in 2014.
    For the moment, I cannot say more sorry.
    Be sure to subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website. You'll be keep informed.

Best. Philippe
  • not have any beta version of millumin?
  • Hello @paulozinga,

Sorry, there is no super-secret beta out there.
    Please subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website.
    You'll be keep informed as soon as something pop in.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi, 

Any update on Windows version?
  • Hello @MandPat,

Thank you for your interest in Millumin. I'm sorry but there is no update for now.
    You can subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website. As soon as something happens, you'll be notified.

Best. Philippe
  • Hola, todavia no tienen fecha de lanzamiento para la beta de millumin en windows...?
  • Hello @macker,

Thank you for your interest in Millumin. I'm sorry but there is no update for now.
    As said above, you can subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website. As soon as something happens, you'll be notified.

Best. Philippe
  • Hi, 
    I am very interested in millumin for museum applications. I hate mac. When do you expect the windows version? I'm the first to buy it. 
    thanks
  • Hello @capitone,

Thank you for your interest in Millumin. I'm sorry but there is no update about a Windows version.
    You can subscribe to Windows-version newsletter on Millumin's website. As soon as something happens, you'll be notified.
    For now, we're focused on the Mac version. I hope you're not too disappointed.

Best. Philippe
  • Believe it or not, lots of high end projection shops are using Windows and/or Linux, because they want to be able to use custom hardware, not the limited offerings Apple gives us.  Take the example of Obscura Digital, who use Touch Designer on Windows.  Some of us like the option to run more than 2 graphics boards, more than 64 GB of memory,or more than one processor without shelling out $3-10K for a second Mac Pro.  I think you're making a mistake by failing to prioritize Windows.  
  • Hello @zedmaster,

Thank you for your feedback.
    I understand your point, but we decided to be focused on our Mac version, at least for now. Mainly because we wanna satisfy our current users.
    We know that Apple machine aren't customizable as Windows/Linux machine are. However, a lot of our users got Hackintosh, and are happy with them (high-end graphic card and powerful CPU in the size of a MacMini).

Best. Philippe