Millumin and Ableton Live

edited November 2012 in MAIN
Hello Philippe I would like to know how can I sync Ableton live in one computer and Millumin in another computer. I saw the tutorial posted by you but I would need to do that on different laptops, I think via Lan cable connection between both of the machines, and what I would need is just simply to make both software´s timelines to start and stop at one command. Any suggestion? 
Thank you so much and great software! 

Comments

• Hello @skunx10,

For the moment, there is no easy way.
    But you should try with OSCulator :
    1. Create a Quartz patch to send 2 OSC messages, one for Millumin, one for Live
    2. Run OSCculator on every machine and route the message into a MIDI note
    3. Midi-map the 2 notes on Millumin and Live, to start/stop the timelines

I know it's not perfect, but it should work for now.

Best,
    Philippe

• So if the solution is midi , maybe ipmidi should work fine! 
    It would be great to have some kind of SimpleSync between Millumin and Ableton live! just a suggestion!
    Thanks!
  • Hello @skunx10,

Thanx. I didn't know this small-app.
    More collaboration between Millumin and Live is planned, but not right now, sorry.

Best. Philippe.
  • Hello Phillipe, so I´ve been trying a new setup to work with live and millumin in two different laptops and I´m having an odd problem when mapping midi to millumin.
    I just want to map the start button in a composition with the same midi note that starts the timeline in ableton live. 
    For that purpose I´m using a kaos pad as midi controller, connected to a midi interface ( MAudio midisport 2x2) one midi output from this midi interface goes to an Audio interface ( MAudio fast track 4 x4 ) connected to live in one laptop, and the midi interface usb is connected to the other laptop with millumin.
    When I map a button of the kaos pad to the play button of ableton live the playback starts without problem, but when I map the same button from the kaos pad to the playblack button of Millumin I get an on/off/on/off signal all the time.
    I mean the midi mapping works but I get a continuos signal that starts and stops the composition endlessly. Is there any way to solve this ? and get just an simple on message? or any other way to achive a similar result? 
    Regards

• Hello @skunx10,

I think the problem comes the value returned by the MIDI note : if you maintain the Kaos button, does it play, and when you release the Kaos button, does it stop ?
    If so, your Kaos button is sending 2 notes : one when pressing, one when releasing. And you don't want that.

Could you check that the note OFF send a zero value, and the note ON a number different than zero ? You should be able to setup these 2 values on your Kaos Pad.

Do you have Aftertouch activated on your Kaos Pad ?

Best. Philippe